Simulink Pre-Sales Engineer
MathWorks named #6 of "10 best tech companies to work for in 2015" by Glassdoor.com!
Working at the MathWorks in a customer face role:
This pre-sales engineering position is in the area of mechatronics applications. Our customers are using Simulink to model and simulate the behavior of controls applications, and use code-generation technologies to implement these algorithms on microprocessors.
This pre-sales engineering position is characterized by close interaction with customers in a variety of industries with an emphasis on the Industrial Automation and Automotive industries. This interaction with customers is key to better understanding the customer’s challenges and necessary toward gathering information required to accurately present MathWorks product capabilities specific to those challenges. Thorough technical know-how, strong communication, and people skills are key ingredients for success in this role.
Pre-sales engineers are impacting the way leading high tech companies develop their next-generation products. Pre-sales engineers at MathWorks are technical team members whose primary responsibility is to manage and actively participate in the technical and business aspects of the sales process.
The successful "Simulink Pre-Sales Engineer (f/m)" will build on his/her experiences in simulation and control design to understand and effectively communicate the benefits of the MathWorks integrated tool chain.
• Engaging with prospective customers to understand their workflow. The Simulink pre-sales engineer will leverage his/her product knowledge and industry experience to demonstrate how solutions from MathWorks can solve customers’ challenges and improve their engineering processes.
• Preparing and delivering presentations during customer meetings and marketing seminars. These sessions also include live demonstrations.
• Prospective customers may require guidance on how to evaluate our products. It is the Simulink pre-sales engineer’s responsibility to plan and supervise the evaluation project.
• Providing customer feedback and guidance to the development and marketing departments.
• This role is not a software engineering or development position.
• If your work experience does not meet the minimum requirement, we would still encourage you to apply.
• University degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
• Desire to work directly with customers.
• Experience using Simulink or Simscape models of mechatronic plant and/or controller modelling.
• Good presentation skills.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Fluent written and spoken English, Dutch would be a plus.
• Experience in implementation of controls systems in embedded software is a plus.
• Experience in deploying physical models for real time execution using hardware in the loop (HIL) systems is a plus.
• Experience with Modelica or similar multi-domain modelling language (e.g. ADAMS, AMESim) is a plus.
• Ability to effectively communicate his/her passion for MathWorks solutions to our customers.
- Advies - ingenieursbureau
- SemiCon Mechatronics
- SemiCon Physics
- SemiCon Software
- SemiCon Manufacturing
- IT-Business developer