Senior Optical Design Engineer-imaging/non imaging
Functie omschrijving Senior Optical Design Engineer-imaging/non imaging
We are looking for an experienced Optical Design engineer to be added to a optical design team in Zurich Switzerland. Task for the position is to contribute towards activities within a worldwide end- to-end product development team focused on successfully developing, prototyping, and producing advanced Optoelectronic components, imaging systems, optical packages and sensors. The position involves both leading and supporting projects through concept definition, detailed design, prototyping, qualification, and into manufacturing. Knowledge of how components or systems affect an end-to-end optical system’s performance is necessary.
Responsibilities generally include:
- Work within a worldwide multidisciplinary development team to provide optical design solutions to customer specifications. These will include imaging and non imaging optics, as well as diffractive and free form optical elements design.
- Define design concepts and select key optical technologies in‐line with requirements.
- Optical modeling including free space, lighting, guided optical propagation, and optical system performance.
- Generate product documentation including optical design specifications, and optical design performances reports. Perform engineering product verification to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Cooperate with Project Leaders to assure design to be compliant with mechanical and manufacturing ground-rules.
- Support product transition into manufacturing.
- Work well with diverse geographical team.
Functie Senior Optical Design Engineer-imaging/non imaging
- Relevant engineering degree with 8+ years relevant experience.
- Experience in design array optical elements, modules.
- Experience in design diffractive and free form optical elements
- Familiarity with optical system design and algorithms, knowledge of MatLab is a plus.
- Knowledge in optical and microelectronic technologies, materials, components, manufacturing processes, and constraints.
- Experience in end to end optical product development.
- Experience with latest optical design and modeling tools, Zemax minimum, other tools such as LIGHT TOOL, ASAP, OSLO, TRACEPRO, CODE V are a plus.
- Optical lab and optical an measurement control experience.
- Project management skill is a plus
- Ability to travel worldwide.
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- SemiCon Optical