Senior Manager Image Sensor, ASIC and Embedded Software R&D Teams
In this new created position, the hired candidate will report directly to the Senior Director of
R&D and will be responsible for leading three teams involved in the design of the electronic
part of 3D ToF (Time of Flight) micro system:
- Image Sensor design (11 people)
- ASIC design (10 people)
- Embedded Software (5 people)
The main duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Supervise and coordinate specific modules development and/or wafer scale optoelectronic
modules development with the internal Product Design Team, as well as
coordinate external suppliers.
- Participate in designing experiments at the R&D Lab related to these new products
and support or assist in the testing of such components. This will involve electrical and
optical testing and characterization.
- Interacting with other technical teams in the company like Optical Design Engineering
and R&D on existing and future designs and requirements.
- Interacting with various external partner organizations. In some cases parts of design
could be outsourced
- Operate as entry point of contact for customer product design request cooperating with
Business Development and Product Management.
We are looking for a senior technical manger with development and production experience in
semiconductor design and embedded software development used to work in a fast paced and
We expect candidates with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering,
Electronics Engineering or similar qualification.
The hired candidate shall be resourceful, hands-on, problem solver and have the capacity to
quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical challenges.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years combined experience in managing similar sized teams in
complex semiconductor product design.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of semiconductor packaging and optical
cause failure analysis.
- Proven ability to solve complex analytical problems and provide robust solutions.
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Independent and energetic personality with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Familiarity with electronics design CAD tools like Cadence, Mentor or Tanner.
Preferred skills and expertise:
- Process development and/or manufacturing experience for opto-electronics products
would be a plus.
- More than 3 years experience in a high-volume semiconductor environment.
- Knowledge of semiconductor foundry processes is also a plus.
- SemiCon Software
- SemiCon Electronics
- Management en directie