Project leader Quality Consumer Electronics
A key department of our clients organisation is the “Quality and Regulatory Department (Q&R)”. The Q&R team ensures that all products meet the medical and non-medical governmental regulations and international standards, and the performance and robustness requirement. Next to that the Q&R manager ensures that the site development processes meet internal standards, ISO9001, ISO13485 and FDA regulations, and that there are SLA’s with the various production sites and suppliers which ensure that these regulations are met.
You will be responsible for ensuring that products developed in the innovation site meet/exceed consumer expectations and quality requirements, meaning to ensure that development project targets on product quality are achieved. You will provide leadership in steering all quality related activities in a development project.
- Lead and deliver all quality related aspects within the development phases (Technology and Function Creation and Integral Product Development)
- Drive clear and measureable requirements management (including CtQ definition and transfer functions)
- Ensure proper definition and execution of the product quality test plan in a project, covering all chapters of the Quality plan
- Communicate regularly on the quality status, monitor quality related indicators throughout the project execution
- Capture learning’s from earlier projects (both on the development process and on technical issues, field return rate learnings) and initiate improvements in the new / current projects.
- Provide advice based on the Quality information available during the milestone meeting and mandatory advice the stakeholders if the criteria are not met to pass the project Milestone.
- Provide an interface between the project team members (including Supplier Quality Leader, Industrial Quality Leader and Service Quality Leader) and the Project Leader, on product quality aspects.
- Identify quality training and support needs within the project team and organize improvements.
- Setting the product requirements, together with the Product Research Center, based on understanding of actual use and consumers, and policies.
- Ensuring that all requirements are embedded in the design and production processes and validated, and releasing the product to the market.
- Lead the project and product quality risk management from risk identification until risk resolution
- Ensuring that all market feedback is properly analyzed, that all Consumer Care data is available, and reporting the production and market quality status for your projects / category
- You have a Masters degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Bio-mechanical engineering with relevant experience in the quality field. You have a proven track record (>3yrs.) in product development and quality in international, multi-disciplinary, consumer product development projects.
- Solid background in a technical competence field (e.g. electrical, mechanical, process eng.)
- Experience in product development
- Experience in Quality methods and tools (DfSS, DoE, FMEA)
- Experience in understanding and translating designs to quality requirements
- Experience in balancing risks and opportunities of innovative solutions, and applying Design for Six Sigma.
- Influencing skills (good communication skills, leadership skills)
- Conceptual, analytically strong, data driven, and also hands-on.
- A strong leader and a team player. You are an excellent communicator and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes.
- Always looking for perfection. You don’t accept underperformance or poor results. You have a quality mindset.