HW & SW Co-Design Pre-Sales Engineer
MathWorks named #6 of "10 best tech companies to work for in 2015" by Glassdoor.com!
Working at the MathWorks in a customer face role:
***ALL APPLICATIONS GO THROUGH JOOST ASSINK OF SECTOR RECRUITMENT***
This pre-sales engineering position is in the area of signal processing applications and MathWorks code-generation technologies. Our customers are using Simulink to model and simulate the behavior of complex signal processing applications as well as use our code-generation technologies to implement these algorithms on FPGAs, ASICs, SoCs (Zynq), ARM and DSPs.
This pre-sales engineering position is characterized by close interaction with customers in a variety of industries with an emphasis on the Semiconductor industry. This interaction with customers is necessary toward gathering information required to accurately better understanding the customer’s challenges and to present MathWorks product capabilities specific to those challenges. Thorough technical know-how, strong communication, and people skills are key ingredients for success in this role.
Pre-sales engineers are impacting the way leading high-tech companies approach the development of their next-generation products. Pre-sales engineers at MathWorks are technical team members whose primary responsibility is to manage the technical and participate in the business aspects of the sales process.
The successful "HW & SW Co-Design Pre-Sales Engineer (f/m)" will build on his/her experiences in signal processing applications and embedded hardware & software to understand and effectively communicate the benefits of the MathWorks integrated tool chain.
• Engaging with prospective customers to understand their workflow. The pre-sales engineer will leverage his/her product knowledge and industry experience to demonstrate how solutions from MathWorks can solve customers’ challenges and improve their engineering processes.
• Preparing and delivering presentations during customer meetings and marketing seminars. These sessions also include live demonstrations.
• Prospective customers may require guidance on how to evaluate our products. It is the pre-sales engineer's responsibility to plan and supervise the evaluation project.
• Providing customer feedback and guidance to the development and marketing departments
• This role is not a software engineering or development position.
• A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a master's degree, or a PhD degree is required.
• If your work experience does not meet the minimum requirement, we would still encourage you to apply.
• University degree in electrical engineering.
• Desire to work directly with customers.
• Experience in signal processing design and implementation on embedded hardware (FPGA/ASIC) or software (ARM/DSP).
• Fluent written and spoken English, Dutch would be a plus.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Good presentation skills.
• Knowledge of Simulink and code-generation products are a plus.
• Knowledge of C/C++/VHDL/Verilog are a plus.
• Knowledge of EDA tools like Xilinx Vivado, Altera Quartus or Mentor Graphics Modelsim are a plus.
• Knowledge of SoC based architectures like Zynq are a plus.
• Ability to effectively communicate his/her passion for MathWorks solutions to our customers.
- Advies - ingenieursbureau
- Mobile IT App development
- Mobile IT Cloud computing
- Mobile IT Security Compliance
- SemiCon Chemical
- SemiCon Electronics
- SemiCon Manufacturing
- SemiCon Mechatronics
- SemiCon Optical
- SemiCon Physics
- SemiCon Software
- SemiCon ThermoDynamics